View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2017, 08:56 (Ref:3761123)   #38
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1
That's not what many teams were saying. I know that even PRA were concerned about the whole 7 issue. Also, what was 7's main focus (in winter). Stinking football. In summer it was tennis. V8s are better off with Fox
The teams were part of the decision to take the Foxtel deal. They were defending their choice of TV partner, it was in their interests to say they were struggling and needed the cash!

They were better off just admitting they took the bigger cheque!

Crying poor as the reason for taking a primarily-pay TV deal over the FTA deal was a card to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1
Superutes, Supercars academy next year, introduction of Formula 4 and the other series. More things are available to fans now in shops, I don't know about others but were I live, you can walk into a shop and it has more V8 things in it.
Supercars merchandise has been available in shops for decades.
Formula 4 was coming no matter what happened with the Supercars TV deal.
Supercars 'academies' have been around for decades, 20 years ago we had the "Holden Young Lions" and Ford's "Generation XR" program

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Ha ha at your supercars going along fine comment, In your words utter rubbish 3 cars had handed back there licence to make a field of 25 in 2014, Most teams were struggling financially as a result. Im not sure you have any basis to say "fine".
The Championship has run along for nearly 60 years, been through much tougher times than 2014, and you think taking a lesser-paying TV deal was going to bring the championship down..... and you accuse others of saying the sky is falling

Maybe go back and read up on the summer of 1979/80 in touring car land, if the Championship survived that, then it can survive justabout anything.