Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3924233)   #3620
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
and 2 (from a laypersons point of view), wouldnt more movable wings solve the wake problem? i assume that is why DRS allows for closer following and why airplane wings can be adjusted according to need.
I didn't give my opinion on the second question...

In the end, "solve" may be a difficult task. If your are to drive in turbulent air there is probably only things that can be done to mitigate the issue, but nothing will make it go away short of trying to reduce it at the source (which is what the current efforts are about).

But... if you had some type of active aero, then I guess you could have it switch to a higher downforce configuration when following a car. Sort of the opposite of DRS. I expect then the issue is the impact of extra drag? Maybe in the end the ability to follow close will outweigh the extra drag.

Richard