View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2011, 00:32 (Ref:2958295)   #354
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is surprising there hasnt been more discussion about the likely landing spot for Mr Ingall and the SuperCheap sponsorship.

Despite much singing and dancing in the motorsport press that a deal with WP is a done and dusted, apparently this may not actually be the case. The story allegedly goes that Mr Ingall's discussions with WP involve him bringing a REC along with a budget to run the car, along with himself. Presumably this may be a PMM REC but you just never know.. especially if Mr Perkins is also hooked into that arrangement.

The thoughts from the Island were for a leaning towards the Travelling Alburies, who may have a free space in car #14 next season. This deal as described is said to be less complex, not needing a REC, and with that car looked after by the primary team, not a distant satellite squad. Price may also be a consideration, after all Mr Ingall is always careful with a dollar!

Curious times... With 2 fully funded cars, and the engineering package largely intact from 2011, you could imagine that BJR might be the stronger option..

Presuming any of this actually happened
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods