Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2015, 16:18 (Ref:3558538)   #1263
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I find this discussion about drivers body shapes and sizes and "physicality" funny. Given the duration of the races and the G-loads, I expect they are all quite fit. I think I have read the phrase "wanting the cars to be more physical to drive". What exactly does that mean? Do you want it to be physically harder to turn the wheel or push the pedal or what?

My definition is that it should be harder to turn a fast lap. However I expect that to be a mostly mental exercise and less physical. However it might require more "motion" of the body to do so (more steering corrections than if you are on a rail and holding a smooth line).

As to all of the talk about what I generally view as "retro" or "vintage" style requests for what F1 should be like, I also just have a hard time getting that "from the perspective of creating a top tier series". I love vintage racing and other series, but it can never be the future.

It seems the wish list is...

* Manual transmissions
* Manual clutches
* Small or no wings
* large tires
* No driver aids
* No electronics
* No communications with the pits
* Large "manly" drivers
* Large and loud internal combustion engines.

If I was a better artist I would create an F1 version of Rat Fink as that is what I think some are asking for!!!

Richard