View Single Post
Old 21 Jan 2011, 11:41 (Ref:2818740)   #39
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Yes, the website is amateurish beyond belief. I presume Paul Cherry put it together himself? If these new series are serious in their intentions, they should have a professional looking website with the key details on it from day 1.

And I'm not a marketing person but even I can see that "A10 World Series" is a ridiculously bad name.

I'd love to see A1GP back, but sorry, but this is hardly a promising start.
Yeah, well the A1 name was allready a lousy one (i mean A for the continents because well almost all continents start with an A ), but this is even worse.

We see all these new series arrive, but if these guys just looked at the (recent) history of the sport they would know that simply showing up with an idea isn't enough.
If you look at the somewhat higher calibre autosportseries then there are 2 businessmodels that seem to be working:
1.) You are a low cost serie (as in operating costs of the serie) that can survive by entrance fees and some small sponsorship & track sanction fees (a la british f3). That means offer something that is valuable to junior drivers: a relatively low amount of money to run a car in this serie and if you are succesfull you have a good chance to get close to f1.
2.) You are a high cost serie (as in operating costs of the serie and more then likely also running costs of the cars) a la indycar, DTM, WRC, etc.. You can survive by manufacturer involvement, tv-revenues & high tv-exposure, attendance and sponsorship. If you want to be succesfull in this you have to offer something unique that will attract these items. Indycar has indy, DTM has the support from the german manufacturers because they are the german #1 autosport serie, etc.

I see nothing in this A10 website that would suggest that either they will be a better solution to a current succesfull junior serie, and i certainly do not think they have the unique position and the finances to be succesfull at business model 2.