View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2002, 19:01 (Ref:305534)   #14
100%VauxhallFan
Racer

100%VauxhallFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While I am sure all motorsport requires a certain level of skill to drive in, I have to say, I think ASCAR appears to be for drivers who can do nothing but go round in cirles. Like I say though, I'm sure there is skill invloved in it, but to me, it seems like the most boring series ever. I think it would be a shame if VLR left the BTCC to go to ASCAR, as I just think BTCC is a better place for teams to be in: It's a more interesting series.

Someone said about how the first round of last years ASCAR got more than most rounds of the BTCC - of course that will happen. It was the first round of a new series - it's bound to get a big crowd because people want to see what its like. I'd like to see how the second and third round crowds of last years ASCAR compared to the rest of the BTCC rounds.

Also, if you consider that last year was the first year of the new BTCC, you can compare it to ASCAR in the respect, they are both new series. I think the BTCC was much more stable and sorted last year than ASCAR was.

But, back to the issue at hand...