View Single Post
Old 8 May 2017, 16:51 (Ref:3732271)   #20
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Chilli, to be fair to Silverstone, although it is expensive, they have increased the spectator numbers by about 40,000 in the last few years whilst they also reduced the prices so that the ticket revenue was roughly the same. And as I wrote earlier in this thread, they really don't need to publicise the GP because it will be a sell out - well, it has been for many years.

As to the demo in London, my memory tells me that this has been done in previous years. The problem is that it tends to cause gridlock right in the centre of a major city, and it costs an absolute fortune to manage, what with closing off streets, and having to have the police "marshalling" the area.

Mind you, the Wimbledon men's final was on at the same time last year, and when the race finished, my sons and I went and sat in front of a jumbo screen to watch the last couple of sets. And that was far more exciting than the F1s, especially with Andy Murray winning!