Thread: Photos
View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3716814)   #19
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
At the risk of getting torn to shreds.....get over yourselves!
I realize that the people who take the really good pics at events have a talent (of sorts) behind the lens, however the average bloke can pickup a reasonably good digital SLR these days and come up with some pretty good results. Admittedly, probably not quite as good as a very few of the pro's, but generally up there, pretty close, quality wise. Unfortunately, photography is dying as a profession. There's people out there still doing it but it's a tough gig, when every man and his dog can get access to top shelf equipment these days and Photoshop can turn average shots into pretty good shots. Plus, there's no money in it.
Take a look at some of the pro shots out there after a weekends racing anywhere around the country. Honestly.....Do you really think that they are head and shoulders above the rest of us plebs, quality wise? I don't think so! What they do have, is access to a few better locations which, may or may not, give them an advantage, in getting the money shot that we all strive for.
TBH, if you're feeling that precious about your pics, and you think that they are that good, watermark them, or attempt to make some money out of it. Good luck with that! I couldn't give a rats, who copies and uses some of my shots. I take it as a bit of a compliment that any of them get used.
about where i see