View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2017, 08:52 (Ref:3739900)   #50
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
32% of a market of 2 million customers. What a massive market! Based on that we need a lot more races for all these markets. could easily get 100 races a year! It is of course a world championship but the middle east is not a recognised area by the FIA required for a world championship status (it's also not a continent either). That area is represented by China and Japan in WEC. What we don't have is a race in South America, Africa or Australia (can debate if that's a continent or not - depends which model you use).

Let's keep going to these vanity projects. Sounds great. Kuwait till get a race and I'm predicting it lasts 3-4 years before its dropped. Nobody will notice it get dropped because we'll swap to the next one and continue the cycle of needing an unstable oil rich country to fund the series because they haven't looked elsewhere.

Don't worry I'm sure all those private P1 teams (we must be at 15 confirmed by now) will love paying to get dragged there so Toyota can sell a pickup truck to the confirmed totally legit 55,000 fans.

I don't see what it brings to the series. If the series needs that income to survive then it asks serious questions about the state of the series and sustainability in even medium term.