View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2970399)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i have to agree with others in being a little disappointed with the 2012 calendar. the hungaroring date is wrong (and actually the racing hasn't been all that bad there in the past but it won't suit the drs system), it should be in july before the grand prix to capitalise on the enthusiasm of the locals for motorsport. i have no idea what to think about moscow, but really hope it's a success purely for the number of russian drivers who are in the series and in the eurocup.

about no silverstone round... i guess the costs are getting too great in terms of crowd management and so on but it's a real shame they can't limit the ticket numbers instead and do it on a smaller scale. there's some big sponsors involved with the event that were absolutely thrilled at the silverstone event, and their influential guests were too. that level of crowd participation is really only something you see at the spanish rounds, and it's key to their presence in something like wsr.

paul ricard is a great venue for the guests, and perhaps if it's in a second year the crowd numbers will pick up a bit. magny cours was better for racing, but hey, maybe they'll be able to use a slightly different layout to make things a little easier for overtaking.

spain is important for the organisers and it's where the whole thing started in the first place. motorland is well attended, and the atmosphere at barcelona is superb. so i don't see a problem with visiting those.

my choice would be to bin off the nurburgring or spa. i guess they stick with the nurburgring because they held a couple of trackdays there in the run up but it's grim, cold and horrible, and not particularly well attended either. the atmosphere is rubbish. spa is obviously a keeper, but if i were them i'd drop the wsr event and try and get fr3.5 there on its own.

monza needs to happen in the spare date.

excuse the sermon