View Single Post
Old 12 May 2017, 05:05 (Ref:3732912)   #38
goldedge
Rookie

goldedge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
abilty vs experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Ironically I see exactly the same thing happening in our Ssangyong Actyon Sport Ute series, driver's/Dad's being discouraged because in truth the steerer lacks the skill to be at the front on a consistent basis, so they walk away, and in some case from the sport itself because its been a rude awakening that they lack the skill required to race at the top in a strictly controlled one make race series..
Hi Mark,
how much of a drivers results is likely to be determined by support team ( engineers etc) rather than just driving ability?

Also wouldn't the amount previous driving experience be a huge determining factors
in drivers results?

In other words is the experience in the class capable providing a career progression
path to other categories, if so would it not be worthwhile to stick it out for several seasons?

To me the future of all the main race classes whatever they are likely to be in the future is likely to be determined by the relevance, the motorsport growth path available
to participants and affordabilty.

One thing I believe may be lacking in NZ motorsport in general is the encouragement of young talent regardless of budjet.

Regards
Michael