Old 7 Aug 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2936817)   #131
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerforracers View Post
I am sure that the promoter is doing themselves out of quite a few entrys with the " must use expensive Michelin control tyres rule" I know of at least three in Aus and one OS entries who have there own tyre deals... what a shame the commercial greed comes before anything else..
Agreed.Difficult for promoter to balance budget so easy to understand. The problem is that when race moved from local only event it also should open up tyres.Like attracting different marques-- different tyres add to the race interest.
In reality--- as of now-- I know of at least 10 potential entries compromised by the tyre situation-- some quality teams,cars & drivers-- both local and international.
The point of control tyres is to contain costs and act as an equaliser in a series -- none of which applies here in a one off event.
What is even worse to me-- is that no thought has been given to what compounds are allowed and what cars they will suit-- so some cars are disadvantaged before they even think about going.
Time for the race to grow up!!