View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 2015, 21:35 (Ref:3556619)   #39
August
Rookie

Finland
August should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ACO rules must be the bigger disappointment. A class that's had variety in chassis and engine constructors becomes semi-spec for chassis and full-spec for engines (and a BOP mess at LM24). Actually, I'm more disappointed of the cap of four chassis constructors than the spec engine as I can understand ACO's desire for no OEM involvement in the class (though two ACO-approved engines would've been nicer).

The IMSA rules seem alright for me. The bodywork styling cues and free engine choice with BOPing are sort of fake variety. But it's not any worse than the ACO rules. It's not as cool as the current P2 rules but can't be such a huge disappointment if you compare it to DPs having three approved constructors, multiple engine options, and bodywork styling cues.

So, for ACO this will be regression, for IMSA not so much. It's hard to say which ruleset is better, I'd prefer IMSA's without BOP, but with BOP I can't say I prefer either, maybe IMSA's for even having some fake variety. But because I'm more disappointed for ACO, I voted for IMSA.