View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2017, 11:56 (Ref:3715777)   #2059
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a long time it has been since my Xmas card!
The hill climb season has just woken-up and that includes me too.
The Lola was asleep under a cover for the last few months as a kitchen, a motorbike restoration and several family issues took my attention off the car.
I had no plans really to change the car other than the lighter flywheel as it runs well and drives well and I feel comfortable in it now.
In 2016 there was the huge Roll bar scare where the dimensions of the cage HAVE to comply to the 2017 Blue book or have an approved Certificate if the dimensions a different (ie smaller tube diameters).
Mine is all sorted, but another rule that has been in the Book for decades is to be enforced 'aggressively' and that is if the driver's crash helmet is not within the imaginary line from the top of the roll cage hoop/bar to a 'substantial' part of the car in front of the driver. This is usually the hoop just in front of the steering wheel.

Away from all that I have entered the Midland Championship and the first 5 meetings so I'm £750 poorer this morning!

I have received an email from Lola Heritage about the history of the Lola.
A previous early owner from around 1980 has found my car, read about it's history and has some additional facts to give me.
I remember Peter being in the 2nd or 3rd owner position while Clive Brown was digging so hard, but I could not really fix him into the history story.
Hope he can help.

On the subject of Clive, does anyone on here know if he is better after his fall?