View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2004, 22:10 (Ref:996718)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
This came from Grand-Am, and we do know for certain that it wasn't a request from teams to run the 302. Let's say that there are teams that are VERY unhappy with what has transpired, and are considering their future options right now. It seems as though costs are no longer of consideration.

If you can't use qualifying or race results as an indicator, then it would seem as though there is little need for changes.

Surprise...

It's the same NASCAR mentality of tweaking this and tweaking that in case someone might get an upper hand....

Sorry, but I hate "contrived competition".....

My guess is that the cars that were running better last year (the DPs with Porsche engines) are getting their doors blown off by the Lexus and Pontiac engines....

J.C drives a porsche-powered car, doesn't he??????

I agree with fogelhund....if results are any kind of indicator, then leave the rules alone...

and the point about cost considerations is another one....to "convert" an engine like that will be very expensive for teams that are running them....

This is a stupd move on Grand Am's part....very stupid...

One American Open Wheel Series!