View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2003, 05:04 (Ref:553407)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Javi
1999 race was so impressive because of two things: The number of major manufacturer´s involved and because of the Mercedes-Benz airline flights. As a race itself 1998 was better
Agree with you, even if the last part of the 99' race was hot, with the Toyota trying to catch the BMW and suffer a puncture in Les Hunaudières...

Quote:
Originally posted by Javi
Do you really think Bentley will stand a chance?. Let me know..
A chance : certainly ! But all the chances ? Certianly not : see what happend in Sebring...

I'm still not confident on the fact that a car could be as easy as the Audis to drive on a long range race ; and the tyres are definitely too narrow on Bentleys (due to ACO rules).

I wwas wtaching 2001' first laps race yesterday : the Bentleys were matching well with the private Audis and Mopar Dallaras Oreca cars... but nothing to do against work Audis...

We could have a real open race this year. I wish a dry weather and no problems in the first hour (remember the burning Cadillac in 2000)...