View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2015, 22:23 (Ref:3562043)   #61
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is two months old but I only now noticed it, it is mostly Atherton-esque politically correct answering but for what it's worth:

Quote:
You have been interviewed in the recent past and LMP1 racing has been mentioned as a potential future direction. Lamborghini were also present at the Daytona meeting in January that discussed the future of LMP2 – Is any of that in the future vision for the brand?

“It is very difficult to say. As a newly established department we re listening to and looking at ALL of the potential scenarios but there is a difference between the future plans and options for our long-term commitment to a presence in motorsport and our current and medium term strategies.

“Any discussion about any possibility for a programme beyond GT3 will have to wait until all of the future rule sets are finalised. Only then will we look to evaluate what makes sense for us.

“At the moment I want to again repeat that we are focused ONLY on the customer racing activities and would evaluate only opportunities that are related to that area.

“The coming months will see some news on what is happening with the ACO/ FIA rules and what I hope is that the three main ‘actors’ IMSA, ACO and FIA find a way for the racing categories, in general at the very least, to be aligned. The situation in recent years with GT3, GTD, GTLM, GTE and more besides does not work in anyone’s best interests.

“With or without any future Lamborghini factory programme we are here to put the Lamborghini brand at a high level in motorsport.”

---

Finally – Le Mans? There must be a desire to take Lamborghini there?

“Firstly – I have huge respect for the event, one of the great races of any sort in the world.

“In the future we will see – Our target is to arrive at the pinnacle of motorsport that is relevant to what we produce and what makes sense for us. GT programmes make sense for us in that regard and we will look at it if and when it makes sense to do so.

“If the question is whether I have thought about racing at Le Mans the answer is yes, I started doing that about 20 years ago before I ever worked for Lamborghini (laughs)!
Obviously, whatever there theoretically could have been in LMP2 is pretty dead, if there ever even was anything (unless they want some branding for US market for some reason), and with GTE & GT3 continuing basically the same the structure hasn't changed to one direction or another. The LMP1 is the question mark, even if very unlikely with other VAG brands there and Lambo's non-history.

Meanwhile, and this is bit off, but in this week old article he repeats of there not being works Lamborghini teams of any kind [in GT3]. However, you can find some witty remarks towards JLOC / Reiter and co in the past decade

Last edited by Deleted; 28 Jul 2015 at 22:30.