View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2017, 10:35 (Ref:3715502)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Good plan Gordon! Cave dwelling makes a lot of sense.....

About adblu again, it's interesting reading reports in new car mags about some car in their (manufacturers provided) fleet that uses it. Usually an exec or luxury model. Most journos don't even seem to know that they will have to top up the little adblu tank until a warning light comes on, and then finish up paying well over the odds for a small container! Most service areas with a dedicated truck diesel area now have adblu pumps alongside or built into the diesel ones, so you commonly see trucks now taking adblu as well as diesel. Anecdotal evidence also suggests that anyone running a newish car that needs it can call into their suppying dealer if the light comes on, and they will replenish the tank for free. If the tank runs dry, the engine will go into limp home mode..... I've also heard of clever ECU people tricking truck electronics into thinking that it has adblu when it doesn't!

DPFs definitely don't like short journeys. Cure for a blocked one seems to be the same as when a 50s or 60s motor got 'coked up'- a flat out blast when no one is looking...... My 2007 V50 was the last year of the model not to have one, meaning servicing is less expensive and less to go wrong. It's my USP when I come to sell it!

Because of the low mileage I do now, I've already decided my next 'car' will be a BEV, having spent two years watching a racing friend tour the UK and Europe in his Tesla (2 actually, he's on his second ) without any issues at all. Trouble is, I can't afford one of those, so it will be the next best thing, but with half the range. Sure I'll cope.....