Thread: Bye Bye Opel
View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2017, 00:04 (Ref:3717156)   #16
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Read about this yesterday. I didn't know Opel was selling cars in Australia.
GM management really thought selling Opels in Australia was a good idea?

I think in the past yes, but not anymore. It's mostly Chevrolet now. www.holden.com.au
The only cars from that list available in the US as Chevys are the Barina & Spark (which are Daewoos), we get a long wheelbase version of the Captiva, Trax, and of course the Malibu. Even the truck is different.

We get the Commodore badged as a SS and the Caprice are available as police cruisers... for the time being.

The Opel Mokka, Cascada and Insignia are sold in the US as the Buick Encore, Cascada, and Regal respectively. This is what I expect Holden to become, hence the dissolution of Opel there. I agree though, a dumb idea to start with.