View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2017, 08:20 (Ref:3761482)   #29
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
On the way to work this morning my car odometer 'clicked over' the 100,000 mile mark. Years ago this would have been a big event and I'd always try to see it happen, but when I got here today I noticed it read 100,004.
Is this no longer an event because it's noting special anymore for a car to reach that mileage, or is it less exciting to watch on a digital readout compared to the old mechanical odometer?
It's no longer an achievement. My terrible 56 plate Fiesta has hit that, and that had a VERY rough life before I owned it, as it got the arse ragged out of it. If my badly made, poorly treated, budget hatchback can do it, then it's not a big deal. It's more of a big deal to hit 200,000 miles now. But even then, Skoda and VW diesels will hit that without breaking sweat. And you could push them for longer if you were willing to put in the money to do it, it just becomes uneconomical.