Old 2 Dec 2017, 10:21 (Ref:3784708)   #19
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Langheck View Post
As was mentioned on the Absolute Rally podcast a few weeks ago, if the double WRC Champions can’t attract official backing and/or a major title sponsor, then something isn’t quite right with the WRC. I hope I’m wrong and Ford come back officially
I thought that the 2017 WRC was epic. I was glued to every round. I followed about 10 racing series this year and WRC was by far the best. I like all the drivers and find it hard to pick a favourite. The tech rules seem to be about right.

There are only two problems I have with the current status quo.
1. The Toyota Yaris makes my eyes bleed when I look at it.
2. The routes. I'm not sure why it happened, but I guess it was to save cost, so I understand. To really get back to the good old days Rally GB needs to be more than a circuit of north Wales. It used to be an awesome road trip to follow it. They used to go to Kenya for the Safari, and the Australian round should be almost a raid. Coff's Harbour is 400 km from Brisbane, and 500 km from Sydney, no wonder there were no crowds.
Have a look at the route of the '88 RAC. Grizedale for breakfast, and Kielder for dinner. It doesn't get better than that. We used to hire a car and make full use of the crash damage waiver.
http://www.juwra.com/rac_rally_1988_itinerary.html