Thread: New SUVs
View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2018, 00:16 (Ref:3793451)   #65
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Ha! I don't blame them.

Aside from the name issues, I think Chinese manufacturers will have a difficult breaking into the US market. That being said, people said the same thing about the Korean manufacturers too. However, the Chinese don't have the benefit of a well respected manufacturer of high-quality products already in the country, i.e. Samsung.
And Hyundai definitely played the long game of building a customer base with the sub 10k cars and building up to their almost 80k car at the top of the Genesis line. Even Kia has a 65k K900 now, and I actually see enough of each to remember seeing them both on the street. But then I drove 45k miles last year between work and commuting so I pass a LOT of cars.