View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2018, 08:59 (Ref:3797109)   #66
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Paddy View Post
That said, I watched Channel 5's highlights this evening and enjoyed it, though that's probably saying more about my rekindled love affair with the sport rather than the coverage itself. I never liked Paul King's presentation style and I was a little disappointed to see that he's still the man on the microphone after all these years. I also think that C5 could have done more coverage of the non-WRC class runners instead of putting in silly little skits for "entertainment" such as the afternoon tea with Ott Tanak or a 'state-the-bleedin'-obvious' segment on tyre choices.
I know what you mean about the time filling segments, I used to find that sort of thing infuriating during the Dave coverage years ago as I would much rather see footage of the cars in action then watch some unfunny skit. I have got used to Paul King's style, but it isn't the best: and at least that clueless idiot Neil Cole didn't crop up on Channel 5 last year!

These days I don't mind if there is a bit filler in the TV highlights; I watch the highlights to follow the events of the rally, then go to You Tube to watch the cars. There are so many great channels posting HD footage from rallies now (and all with pure audio).

I recorded the Channel 5 program last night but I was working late, so I shall be watching that this evening!