View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2008, 08:12 (Ref:2099105)   #97
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT
I can shed some light on this, because I designed the monocoque and suspension for the T385. Initially, Robin Hamilton wanted a T70Mk3b adapted to take the Aston engine, but Eric convinced him that it would not be competitive a decade on. Eric left me to design a new tub, simple and cheap in construction, using as many existing parts as possible in the rest of the car. The tub didn't resemble the T600 (which I also worked on) at all. Frankly, I can't remember what existing parts from which models were used, but I seem to remember designing a new rear upright and front wishbones.
One of the greatest things of all about Tenths is that it never fails to surprise you in who might pop out of the woodwork and post something like this..............

That's brilliant, thanks for taking the time to explain, AMT (I suspect you have quite a few fascinating and 'undocumented' stories to tell)!

..........still doesn't quite explain (for me) the conversation I referred to in an earlier post, but I can at least dismiss it now as being 'factually' off beam!