Thread: Tgf?
View Single Post
Old 28 May 2001, 21:37 (Ref:98038)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome Francis and drexel. "TGF" was coined two years ago during Schumacher's enforced absence referring to "That German Fellow" who waited in the wings to upset the title race between Irvine and Hakkinen. Liz was the first to use the term and the first to abbreviate it. Some who come here consider it a bit of an insult, for others, its just easier to type than "Schumacher". I always thought it had overtones of being like"He whose name shall not be spoken", for though I am NOT a fan, I acknowledge his superiotity over the present field. Unlike Liz, I think the 1973 grid was the best.

Liz is correct in stating that there are many here who are not fans of TGF, but many are, and I am deeply commited to the principle that all discussions on the subject remain civil and that the "Is he Great,Does he suck eggs" threads are among the most tedious.