View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2017, 23:49 (Ref:3702220)   #52
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Not the top class ... the second class, replacing LMP-P.

No American manufacturer wants to spend the kind of money that certain European and Asian companies are willing to blow, on a race most Americans have never heard of. But ...

Some of those manufacturers wouldn't mind getting a little more press out of the race, particularly if someone else footed most of the bill.

If P1-P dwindles further than the one burning ByKolles entry ... there won't be a class. And I am pretty certain that the IMSA/NASCAR folks have been lobbying long and hard to get some spots on the Le Mans grid.

If more teams decide to burn a lot of cash to chase the P1-Hs, good for them. I don't see it being an easy sell to sponsors, or boards of directors. Rebellion are also tried-and-true racers, and the opted out. Too much cash for too little return, I'd guess.

If we don't see something besides artists' renderings by July ....
My mistake! I thought you meant the hybrid cars. Private class is not going to officially exist next year since there's only ByKolles. But for 2018, well- that looks like a good time for the entry list to take off.