View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3702419)   #59
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I don't see the ACO allowing DPi into P1-L .... I think you're more likely to get a DPi class at Le Mans, like the old IMSA classes from history. That way the ACO won't be terrified of a DPi beating a P1-L to a class win.
I'd expect them to go that router if they had more than one P1-P (I guess P1-L is the "official terminology.)

If they have ByKolles catching fire at various points around the track with no competition, I think they'd either drop the class or remake it into a DPi class.

I cannot see DPi and P1-L running together--too great a disparity in chassis types, and too much issue with funding sources (I'd assume GM would still want its name in there somewhere, else why even go to Le Mans?)

If P1-L cannot attract more than 2-3 cars, i'd expect maybe a DPi-Enhanced class or something like that--DPis with a weight break or a bigger fuel tank or without IMSA-imposed power limits?

I have no inside info, I have not even fully thought this through ... what I believe is that IMSA will not stop trying to get its cars into the Le Mans line-up, thus leveraging its power and money in North America into even more power and money in the international game.