View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2017, 12:32 (Ref:3704231)   #220
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A totally crazy notion as it will mean that some cars & light commercials will have done over 100,000 miles before their first safety check (as sadly lot of people don't bother with the 'expense' of servicing nowadays!)[/QUOTE]

I used to work as a service engineer installing / maintaining automated systems all over the UK & Europe .
Normally doing well over 100,000 miles a year .
As well as our own vehicles we were supplied some cars / vans by a UK vehicle manufacturers test & development division for long term testing .
I suppose it suited them for independent high mileage testing .

All of the vehicles had data- logging fitted , & I often wondered what they thought when at the monthly service session ,[ usually about 10,000 miles ] ,
the log would show that it had done over 5000 miles in a week sometimes .

These vehicles would be returned after a year with over 100,000 miles on them , but I guess that they were not sold on as a used vehicle after that .
But similar use could easily see 1 year old vehicles for sale with that amount of miles on them & not needing to have been tested at all .