View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2017, 10:56 (Ref:3760730)   #350
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Fantastic drive from Tanak again, even if he doesn't get any closer to the title I still think he has still been one of the highlights of the 2017 season.

Not a good weekend for Neuville, that error has handed Ogier a slender margin again. That said I wouldn't begrudge Ogier winning the title, in fact it would massively elevate him in my opinion if he won the title in something other than a Polo. It would also be a long-deserved reward for Malcolm Wilson and M-Sport.

Looking forward to Catalunya!
Agree with all of that Tanak has shown promise in the past but this year he's really delivered. It would be great for M-Sport if they could grab a title, they've soldiered on since Ford pulled the plug and to be winning events is a great reward, a title would be superb (and as you say would also help cement Ogiers position as a 'great' - it was the one criticism that could be levelled at Loeb).

It still looks like each of the cars are pretty well matched - even the Citroen looked to have some pace in Mikklesens hands. Surely he's in for a full time drive there next season?