View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2015, 10:11 (Ref:3578552)   #26
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
It's the BRDC Annual General Meeting today, maybe we will see/hear an announcement from Silverstone later?
Who knows. If I were in their seat I would approach BE and BGP differently.

Part of the problem the BE has with the BRDC I feel is that they always have their hand out along with numerous 'masterplans'. Everyone with half an idea knew that the BGP contract was unaffordable the day they signed it.

So I would go to BE with a more commercial face on and instead of asking for help, ask for some of the other rights around the GP to be given to by FOM to Silverstone to sell themselves. I would try and obtain the naming rights to the race and the trackside income with the opportunity to sell extra trackside space. By doing this, it would present Silverstone as more commercial and they would have to earn the money through commercial nous.

It's not just the fee to FOM, it's the fact that the revenue streams to meet this are so limited - ticket sales and a bit of hospitality/trade stand income.