View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3747605)   #27
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
I managed to break the 'curse' the year I went with another photography friend. I limited myself to my 50mm lens only for the whole weekend, and a strict rule not to take 500 photos of the same corner. Wayyyyy more fun, I saw more of the race and had a much more varied series of photos
You published these photos anywhere yet Dave?

If you watch a full race week you'll see the main Le Mans field for what, 35 hours! That's plenty of time to do whatever you want. Frankly I've no idea how anyone could be 'unplugged' let's say for that amount of time. The cars and atmosphere is fantastic, but it's more fantastic within the context of the race, and if I didn't know what was going on I wouldn't enjoy it anywhere near as much. The screens aren't close enough or detailed enough to convey the results consistently. So I'm with Ayse, live timing and Twitter info is a really nice complement to the action. It's quite easy to lose the thread of the race, and if I'm going to stay up then I want to be as informed as possible.

But the beauty of Le Mans is that everyone can do their own thing. The groups of guys you see sat in the campsites during the race I just don't understand. But I know they'll come away having just as good of a time as me.