View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3753708)   #591
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
No. As Brawn GP was a new entry for 2009.

Brawn GP was only registered as an entrant just 3 weeks before the first round in Australia. As a "new entry", FOTA (the now defunct Formula One Teams Association) had zero say in what engine Brawn GP could use. Brawn GP also paid no entry fees for the 2009 season. This was a special deal agreed to by the FiA and FOM, due to "exceptional circumstances".

In the background though, Honda Motor Company funded the entire 2009 season of Brawn GP, and it's staff. It's almost the 10 year anniversary of one of the biggest farcical moments in F1, and in world sports in general, when multinational Honda MC withdrew from F1 - then renamed the team as Brawn GP, still being funded entirely by Honda, who then went on to win both F1 championships as a privateer named Brawn GP - powered by a Mercedes engine!
I would have thought the entry was the one attached to the original Tyrrell Racing Organisation, that shifted to British American Racing ownership, to the HondaF1 entity, then onto BrawnGP

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods