View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3704432)   #39
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris bailey View Post
You know, the problem with the "good old days", in my case the 1970's and in Sideways' the 1930/40/50/60's (take your pick) is that we are all very selective in our memories.
Rehash of posts...

This one

Another one

And for good measure, another....

I know it gets boring after a while, but it keeps coming along. I must be a real oddity, because I don't really have a 'golden age' after which I hanker and I try hard not to be influenced by the mantra of 'F1 is terribly boring these days' that dominates any discussion.

Sometimes, though, I do find it boring. But sometimes it's immensely exciting, and that's not always because there's an infinite amount of overtaking, it's because we like to watch someone nurdle away at 2/10 of a second per lap until they're on the tail of the leader.

What F1 is these days is *different* to how it used to be. And that. in my view, is both inevitable and a good thing.