Old 25 Apr 2017, 13:50 (Ref:3729139)   #249
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Another great opportunity for locals to be heard with their unhappiness with the event

I recall the Sydney 500 launch in 2009 at Martin place which turned out to be a ghost tour
I'm not meaning to offend you but being a local of the East End (the alleged most heavily affected region) i have a personal investment in this being Race being staged and I want to add my two cents in. Firstly Lol a "ghost town" you sure about that mate? look at the Facebook event page this Supercars community event will be far from a ghost town with already 1,000 people confirmed as going and 4,000 in the maybe section, if you want to see a ghost town event go to one of the a pathetically organised anti-Supercars rallies which fails to draw more than 150 people on a successful day. Also evidence (in the form of a survey) has already shown that only a mere less than 12% of Hunter residents disprove of the race and these alas these 12% are lunatics who defile with their despicable graffiti the exact heritage buildings they haphazardly claim to be fighting to save and send myself and others numerous threats against our safety and cyber bully our families. As an east end resident I heavily emphasise that these feeble degenerates and the moronic members of Newcastle council (who back them to manipulate them for votes to save their abysmal attempts at political careers from ceasing to exist), make up a mere minority and only want to keep Newcastle in the same stagnant wasteland it's been in for a century for their own personal gain and comfort whilst repudiating the general wellbeing of our city's state with new infrastructure and civil constructions taking place, economy which will have a predicted $59 million injected into it and our tourism industry whichll benefit greatly with the influx of race fans into the Hunter region and exposure globally of our beautiful beachside scenery all of which will come from this great event. Bring on the Newcastle 500

Last edited by PS2244; 25 Apr 2017 at 14:07.