View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3337428)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thanks for the link. i think he quite rightly points out the possible commercial benefits to a budget cap and alludes to a possible shift in public perception concerning how much is both spent and earned.

long run, if F1 goes public for 10bil is there a government in the world that could justify subsidizing the sanctioning fees for what basically amounts to a niche sport?

davyboy posted this link in a different thread and i thought it had some relevance here as well.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com...ar-comparison/

so the top team spends US$470mil and the bottom team spends us$75mil.

granted there are 9 other teams spending at various points in between those two extremes but still the disparity between top and bottom has got to be one of the largest among mainstream sports leagues.

putting notions of budget caps aside its a bit ridiculous that a top team would even want to race against a team with so much smaller of a budget. its like an adult taking pride in fighting children.

i cant define what pure racing is but its not that imo.