View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2017, 00:57 (Ref:3766416)   #57
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As we move into the Season of Endurance, I would just like you all to appreciate what these races meant to Simon (Antrodemus), to whom this fantasy championship is named in memory of.

Simon had an ability to read a car race and keep track on it's goings on like no one else that I have ever met, and there's a strong possibility that his record will never be broken.

My first exposure to this was Simon and I working together for Bathurst Sunday in 2010, I think it was - I know, working even!! Simon was able to do his job seamlessly and keep complete tabs on all of the goings on in the race. I was absolutely astounded by the way he could multi-task in such a manner.

He was simply able to take everything in, process, sort, and store the information. This lasted all day. I could hardly believe it. But endurance racing was clearly his passion.

On the desktop of Simon's PC was a list of all of the big GT endurance races this year - The Daytona 24 Hour, Bathurst 12 Hour, Nurburgring 24 Hour, etc.
Simon would watch a 24-hour race from end-to-end. He was probably a better strategist in the last 5-6 hours of the race than any of the race crews, so on the pulse were his fingers and his penchant for maths to calculate races both forward and backwards.

As the lights go GREEN at Sandown, spare a thought for Simon (Antrodemus). He'll be there somewhere in spirit - perculating, contemplating, circulating, or mischieviating!!