View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3770632)   #32
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
So was Porsche. Caddy got around the whole thing because you can actually run a GT3 car for about a year to develop it and then start selling it to others. It's that "we are not homologated yet but we want to race". If I run a Porsche, I have to run it as homologated by Porsche. Not just keep changing things because they car is not good enough. Plus if I run a Porsche, it's pretty obvious that if I change something as opposed to every other one out there, the word will get out. As for a Caddy, what do you compare it to? It's not like the competition will figure it out.

As for BoP to fix it, that doesn't happen plus GM knows they can't decimate the competition because they learned that lesson years ago (remember WC when they started or the GT1 Corvettes) as all of the competition goes away.
GM provided a lot of support to World Challenge after Audi left and they desperately needed it, is my point. I'm not sure who will take that up but I haven't followed PWC closely in several years. I'm sure Cadillac was allowed to bend some rules, but I'm positive I read that the ATSV.R was homologated.

I remember GT1 well. I remember Viper kicking everyone's teeth in for years. Corvette "domination" is not what led to that class' downfall, but that's a conversation for another thread.