Thread: Official Round 10 - Hungarian GP
View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2013, 07:52 (Ref:3283183)   #76
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Of course the corollary is that if he knew Button was pitting, as your post appears to suggest, then as Button was only about 1sec slower, Grosjean could have waited. The truth is probably that he wanted to pass because he's a racer and in going off he transgressed. Don't forget that giving the place back is not a "get out of jail card".
Yeah I think if you give the position back straight away, the stewards will accept that and won't penalise you. Unless, you caused an accident, which Grosjean did.

I don't know if Grosjean knew that Button was pitting, and he may not have been pitting at all anyway. The stop could have been to check the damage. But Grosjean hadd already sat behind Button for a long time and was losing a lot of time. Vettel had just got past I think, so had disrupted Button's momentum. It was a fine opportunity to pass. He just had to hold the inside line instead of driving into Button.

It could be argued that he didn't gain a position by cutting the chicane. The position was already well and truly his, and he only cut the chicane because the collision threw him offline.

But anywho, Grosjean did turn up and caused a collision, so should be penalised for that.

He shouldn't have got the Massa penalty I think.