View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2004, 18:44 (Ref:1053438)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From what I have seen:

1. Chili - This guy is 40 YEARS OLD!!! His passion for the sport is immense and he's still winning on a bike that really has no right to be winning. I don't care if he crashes too often, he's brilliant!

2. Haga - This will be his year, with any luck. Neither Fila rider deserve it. He's been fantastic and the most exciting rider out there, bar above.

3. Vermeulen - On what is little more than a stock-standard machine with a few tweaks here and there, he's absolutely flogged the works Ducati at some meetings and been a consistent threat all year. Future champ written all over him.

4. Laconi - Up this high on the basis of five victories but really, on the bike he has, he should have the title wrapped up.

5. Corser - If he was on a Ducati, he'd have the title already. His riding has been sensational and he's putting everything into that Foggy/Petronas. He deserves better...

6. Haslam - Gutsy rider. How many other riders would get on a machine with a broken wrist/arm?

7. Toseland - Disappointing. Really should be doing more on a factory machine. Laconi, who no-one rates, has looked a better bet all year.

8. Walker - Has really come back onto form this year and has been a good back-up for Troy at Foggy.

9. McCoy - Was expecting more from him this year but he's been up and down. At least he's restored some confidence though.

10. Martin - Really should have a win considering his qualifying speed but something happens that obviously no-one can explain. But he's been good nonetheless.