View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1512687)   #46
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher
That's a start - one circuit - one form.
TWO circuits, one form!

Quote:
So Dave, how exactly does it work at these circuits?
In a word, it works very well.....oops, that's two words.

Quote:
Presumably, there's a hard working volunteer member of one club or another taking this in hand and passing on details as required to the various clubs. If this is the case then I sincerely applaud their efforts.
The volunteering from is compiled by BRSCC NW's own Alistair Garrett, & returned to BMMC's Dave Cleavely. Such systems, & the Oulton/Anglesey one isn't unique, just the one I know best, have a lot of advantages for everybody. There are nine different clubs organising race meetings at the two circuits this year; for the individual marshal, it's a lot easier to fill in one form than eight; for the chief marshals of the various clubs it's a lot fewer forms to process.

Quote:
but, I guess what I'd rather see is an employee of the circuit (someone like our pal Archaic Gold) dealing with it, because in the end it's the circuit's ability to provide a service for their customers (the race clubs) that keeps them in business. I heard JP was trying to do something like this...stands to reason really.
I think that should be left to the clubs; certainly, with respect to Oulton, it ain't broke......let's not try to fix it.

As Pete Harding has said, there's a very strong BMMC presence at Oulton - I stand to be corrected on this, but I think all the Oulton 'regulars' are BMMC members - but the important point here is that, irrespective of club membership, everybody works together.