View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2017, 09:53 (Ref:3727714)   #115
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
I have to say I was sceptical of the Code 60 before I saw it in action, but I'm converted. Everyone moving at a constant slow speed is much easier to deal with. They're slowed within a few seconds meaning you can get on with it quicker and there's no problem with cars pitting and trying to catch up suddenly arriving at race pace.

No reason why it wouldn't work at Bathurst just the same. You can put a marshal on point duty ahead of the clear up to direct the cars to the side as required. 60kph is basically road speed so no different from doing the same as normal road traffic.

Returning on a flat top is fine. I don't know Bathurst (yet!) but I suspect there are no internal roads so not much alternative.
A majority of the recoveries that were flat tows (all the wheels on the ground) were unhooked at Skyline and let to roll down the hill towards pit lane. The lift tows could either park at Vista (Drivers left at about turn 9) until that park was full and emptied at the next SC, or had to return to pit lane. Absolutely no parking spots that would save any time from Vista to the bottom.

Code 60 wouldn't have helped with the oil cleanup after the Excel went pop. Workers were all over the track trying to clean, so the bunching of the field under SC was vital.

I was at Skyline on the Sunday, and the speed that many of the cars were carrying under SC conditions was verging (and in some cases dancing right over) the ridiculous. When you have a driver locking both fronts because they have approached a DWY sector that happens to be blind, waaaaaay too fast, you need to look at the penalties that are available and think about enforcing them.

Also, as a (now) Bathurst regular, that was a cool race. The 86's were very, very quick through the Esses, one was even hounding Mostert's Focus down the hill at one point. I'll definitely be back.