View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2017, 09:03 (Ref:3756868)   #18
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
If you call spending at least $40 million viable?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
That's the issue, too many do gooders saying $40 million is a waste if its racing. Yes $40 million is viable, here's why I think so

1. They are enjoying it as a sport, no different to anyone paying $100 entry fees for Cricket, Football, Soccer.

2. Team sponsors get their name out there in which they wouldn't if it weren't for V8s some wouldn't be around now.

3. Motorsport, regardless of what anyone says, is why we have the car safety we have now, without it we would still be in a car equal to T models, people say but we would have advanced, No we wouldn't have to where we are now. In a sport things are developed well and quickly.

A waste of money in my opinion is (without trying to be too political) giving those on a boat more then the diggers get for protecting our country. Another waste is CEO's and mayors of town councils on almost $500,000 pay a year. Old politicians no longer working earning more then the current prime minister. Not attacking you personally but it annoys me when I see the view of racing is a waste of money