View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3756888)   #24
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
3. Motorsport, regardless of what anyone says, is why we have the car safety we have now, without it we would still be in a car equal to T models, people say but we would have advanced, No we wouldn't have to where we are now. In a sport things are developed well and quickly.
And yet most Supercar supporters speak with pride when they say that Supercars and modern motor racing has little in common with road cars because they are boring to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
I disagree, I'd say Erebus, Nissan Motorsport, CSR, GRM were all essentially 'new' to a degree to the point that they had to completely change their cars, from that point of view nothing was the same between a Volvo/ Nissan to a Commodore in terms of componentry same for Ford and Mercedes, so for Volvo and Nissan to come in and do as well as they have given they were 20 odd years off the pace I'd say they made a good choice and the teams were 'new' to a degree, just because they had the same personnel doesn't mean its old. Where did LDM get their crew, other teams so on the logic of LDM were the first new team is wrong as they had crew from other teams.
On that logic nearly every team on the grid was new in 1985 and 1993....

The same team changing cars does not make them a new team