View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2016, 05:00 (Ref:3690120)   #77
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
RLLR will only need double the data with regards to Servia, as he hasn't spent as much time in the cockpit and will need to play catchup with Rahal. Otherwise, as there's no further development with the DW 12, RLLR will predominantly be using the data they got from last season.
Do you think that teams like Penske, Ganassi, Andretti etc dont use their multi car teams to share data and car set ups?

Montoya even spoke on television about using Power and Pagenaud's set ups throughout the season.

Unless you feel that Rahal has mastered the set up of the DW12 and has nothing left to learn?

Bobby clearly doesn't

Quote:
According to Racer on Friday, team owner Bobby Rahal is only interested in a second car if it adds “something beneficial to the entire team” and believes that Servia “can make us better.”

That’s a new way of looking at a second car. You can understand Rahal’s line of thinking; Graham Rahal has been a championship contender for back-to-back seasons and started to win more races, but as a one-car organization RLL has an uphill resource battle against the multi-car teams. Bringing on a veteran second driver, and giving Graham the benefit of his experience and more importantly his data, could be the difference that allows the No. 15 to take that last step from Top 5 driver to Astor Cup winner.
http://beyondtheflag.com/2016/11/13/oriol-servia-rahal/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The IndyCar Series is run and owned by the Indy Racing League or IRL, which is the abbreviation. I therefore sometimes refer to the Indy Racing League or IRL because that's who runs the series. My being a moderator has nothing to with it.
My query is in relation to your use of the IRL language it sometimes and Indycar other times.