Thread: Tech Issue Pirelli-The Tyre Story..
View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2013, 17:36 (Ref:3209606)   #27
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Well the problem I have at the moment David is, are the tyres that the teams tested at the end of last year, the same tyres that they are now testing with and are going to race with ?
testing at the end of last year? the young driver tests?

perhaps i am forgetting a end of year test session, but since the teams conduct their young driver tests at different times and different places i would think that in fairness to those who chose to test earlier in the season everyone would have to use the same tires so im guessing that meant they used last years versions.

the timing of when they get the tires should be looked at more closely though. at the point of the first test some teams will have already spent literally tens of millions of dollars. not everyone is in the same boat then because Ferrari surely spent more than Sauber by the time either one of them got to see the 2013 tires.

from a cost point of view its some what ridiculous that you let teams spend this kind of money before you introduce 'a revolutionary variable' into the mix that could easily make all that they spent a complete waste.