View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3723330)   #67
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
People tend to glorify the past, it's the same in pretty much every sport, everyone's always going on how much better the old days were.

I think that's partly due to how the brain works, we tend to remember and glorify the positive things and forget the bad/boring stuff.

You cite the LMP900 era as glorious when it fact it was a time when most races were a non-contest at the front as you could bet the house on Audi winning.

From from 2000 onwards until 2007, as long as an Audi was on the grid it was bound to win. And back then people were complaining about that as well, I can't recall people being overly thrilled about that time being a golden age for sports car racing.

Is there things wrong with today's racing? For sure, I don't think we ever had a perfect rule set. But at least it's relevant...relevant technology, a relevant way of thinking, and not a completely mindless out of touch show like some other racing series.