View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2010, 13:10 (Ref:2634352)   #21
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
How do I scale/dimension the track so that the length listed with I select a given segment is in units of the correct magnitude? That is, how do I scale/dimension the thing so it isn't telling me my track is 120ft long in total?

Also, is there a way to input how long you want to say the track is as a whole, or how long you want a specific segment to be so that the track is scaled off of that?
Not quite sure I follow exactly what your asking, but the easiest way to draw it for me is to do so at full size rather than scale up.
On opening a new window, switch to top view and then "zoom out".
Then draw a rectangle you'll see it's size on the bottom right of the screen.
From that you'll know that you'll be able to fit a 2500ft (762m) straight or which ever size comfortably into that rectangle, the rest of the circuit follows on from their.
As mentioned previously you can either use the measure tool around the circuit from that point, easy for the straights, for the curves the default is 12 segments per curve so measure a middle segment and multiply. and then offset equally either side of that centre-line
Or as Luiggispeed suggests offset to your desired track width and use the area tool to calculate the length.