Thread: ARP Formula 3
View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2019, 16:32 (Ref:3915027)   #7
tony broster
Rookie

tony broster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Sorry to be late picking this up but I don't get here too often.

ARP F3 was started by Marcus Pye & myself, with support from Castle Combe supremo & my friend the late Howard Strawford

I managed/ ran/ organized the series from day 1 ( with an advisory board ) right up until its last race at Combe a good many years later when politics & something worse spoiled an amazing series.

Brscc who by this time I had little or no faith in took over the running after that & changed the name to Club F3 trumpeting a very big sponsor with an even bigger prize fund who I'm later told never seemed to appear , number of drivers stating they never saw any prize money either.
IF & I do mean IF that was correct then it would beg the question as to where exactly did that promised prize fund go.

I don't know the entire BS story as I was not there doing the work by this time, but to little or no surprise the championship went down the toilet like pork through a goose entry wise in it's first few months, had races cancelled & lost it's championship status by years end becoming as one wag later christened it, the new Brscc "Club Foot F3 series", something of a demote from the original successful proper championship of just 1 season before.

If you ever want the rest of the whole sad tale of an eventual drivers politics & envy, with later the gross miss management. you could try my e-mail, I might possibly be in the mood to shed an awful lot more light.

Last edited by Adam43; 3 Jul 2019 at 16:09. Reason: Removed email address - please PM user to contact