Thread: Tour Britannia
View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2009, 15:25 (Ref:2492756)   #1
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tour Britannia

Folks,
Been offered loan of a car for the Tour Britannia and given build schedule of the 240Z restoration I've got under go has slipped beyond point of return for 2009 I'm tempted to take up the offer to see how much I enjoy this old rally/tour scene.
However, given it's not something I've been involved with before I'm struggling to get a handle on costs...
Could do with a few pointers if there are any 10-tenthers out there with experience of the event... in particular:
TYRES! Strikes me that given all tyres need to be road legal, you could bang on 1 set for the event, but also given the number of races/potential for rain it seems a regular flipping around of rubber would be needed to be competitive?
What is the norm out there in the Competition section? I could see an arguement for some proper track-day-esque rubber but how this would last thru all the races/stages/ how quick we can get something different on in the wet etc... number of sets used etc?
Support crew: I'm thinking 2 support guys in 1 transit... am I going to get by with that?
Any other costs I might not have thought of?
Cheers for help/advice
Rick