Thread: Tour Britannia
View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 2009, 06:58 (Ref:2497039)   #15
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm tempted too.

I acquired a Fiat 128 Berlinetta rally car a few years back and have just finished the restoration. However, I'm not sure what to do with it!

I've done years of circuit racing and I'm struggling to get excited about taking such a low powered car out in roadsports (my original intended destination) so I started looking at these rally/tour events. There are some fantastic events such as the Three Castles, but I fancied something that still has a timing element to it rather than pure regularity. The Britannia really appeals - particularly as I've just found some pictures of Tony Dron in the original Tour of Britain in the same model of car.

I've still got a few teething issues to sort on the car so 2010 is more realistic than 2009 (unless I really get to work!) but I love the format of the event. It is a season of motorsport in one week!

If I do it, it would be without a spares van and trailer. Just a couple of spare wheels, a toolkit and some WD40. Am I naive?

I've downloaded all the paperwork and I'm trying to make sense of Technical Passports, Appendix K and all that stuff.